Education in Spain

For students Life in Spain
Everything you need to know about education in Spain and student visa.

Where to study?

You can study at a language school, business school, university or vocational course.
Large cities in Spain with the best top universities where international students are welcomed:

1. Madrid
2. Barcelona
3. Valencia
4. Alicante
5. Malaga
6. Seville
7. Zaragoza

How to choose where to go?
Spanish cities are tempting with their diversity - sea, mountains, developed cities, colorful streets, rich gastronomy.

If your study will last more than 90 days, you need to apply for a student visa.

Main benefits of a student visa:

1. Stay in Spain for more than 90 days (residence does not have the same restrictions as a Schengen visa);
2. The ability to travel without restrictions within the EU;
3. The ability to travel outside the EU and return without the need to obtain a Schengen visa or reset 90 days;
4. There are no restrictions on the specialty - study in a sunny country in the specialty you want;
5. Opportunity to work for yourself or as a student;
6. Tax benefits (students are not tax residents);
7. Possibility to extend your residence without leaving Spain;
8. International community of students, access to international educational resources.

Documents that will be needed for student residence

1. Certificate of enrollment in the educational institution and confirmation of payment for the course;
2. Private medical insurance;
3. Bank certificate of funds (min 7300€ for 1 person);
4. Certificate of no criminal record with apostille and sworn translation;
5. Medical certificate (if it was brought from a foreign country, it must also have an apostille and a sworn translation);
6. Passport;
7. Questionnaires;
Hacks about student visa documents that you may not know and are not written about anywhere:
1. You need to scan ALL pages of your passport, even blank ones;
2. Any document that was taken outside of Spain must be apostilled and translated by a sworn translator;
3. Sworn translators are official translators, citizens of Spain, who have a certain license and put a personal stamp on each translation;
4. Translations from official consular and notary translators outside Spain are NOT valid for residence applications;
5. Insurance must cover the entire studying period, the certificate and insurance must be from the latest date;
6. Studying must be in an accredited institution, at least 20 hours per week and offline;
7. Bank statement should preferably be from a European bank;
8. Are there any stamps in your passport that are poorly printed? It is better to prepare an additional letter and explain all exits and entries into the EU over the past 2 years.

How can I apply for a student visa?

Documents for student residence can be submitted:

1. From the consulate in your country of citizenship/residence;
2. From the territory of Spain;

In the first case (through the consulate), additional time may be required to book an appointment at the consulate to submit documents.

When applying from Spain, the application can be made electronically or through the migration services office.

At the time of submission, there must be at least 1 month of legal stay in Spain in stock (that is, out of 90 days of a Schengen visa or permitted stay, there must be at least 30 days in stock).
How long does the study visa process take?

On average, a student residence is considered for about 2-3 months (this depends on the region and the workload of migration services).

The status of your residence application is tracked through the online migration service portal. After receiving approval (through the consulate or while in Spain), you need to submit your fingerprints,

To do this you will need to prepare:

- Passport;
- Positive decision;
- Questionnaire;
- Registration;
- State duty and payment confirmation;
- 1 passport-size photograph, carnet size;

then wait about 30 days and receive the long-awaited residence card.

I want to study, but where will I live? How to find housing in Spain?

Use resources:

- Idealista;
- Foto casa;
- Uniplaces;
- Or search for roommates in Facebook groups;

Or live in a student residence:

- Tres Torres;
- TSH;

What is needed for registration:

- Contract for minimum 3 months;
- Permission from the owner;
- Passport;
- Pre-registration in one of the municipality's allotments

I chose my studies, I got my visa, I have housing, how do I find friends?

- Facebook groups;
- Meet up;
- Bumble;
- Tinder;
- University clubs, organizations and societies;
- Expat events and groups in Spain;

What about a job or internship? How do students find jobs?

- Infojobs;
- Glassdoor;
- LinkedIn;
- Jobs today;

And also - bring a physical resume to company offices - yes, it works!

You can also start with internships and volunteer programs for students. Contact university or college career centers for career advice.

Student residence ends - what next?
I want to continue studying or just live in Spain

1. You can extend your student residence. After all, you can be a student indefinitely as long as you improve your qualifications (apply for renewal 60 days before the card expires and within 90 days after);
2. Modification with rights to work for hire someone or work for someone (if there is a business plan or contract for work, also within 60 days before or 90 days after);
3. One year to find a job after finishing your studies (apply within 90 days after);
4. Modification to the investor’s residence, start-up visa and nomad visa (if you have a valid card, there are no longer 90 days after).
Contact us to obtain free consultation + 34 644 754 934
Email info@dreamlifespain.com